Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The LGBT Network’s LGBT Families Program, sponsored by RMA Long Island IVF, supports LGBT people building and strengthening families! We offer personalized and comprehensive support to LGBT prospective parents interested in exploring new pathways to parenthood. To build community among LGBT parents and their youth, we organize fun family events and support groups to prepare family members for the unique experiences of being part of an LGBT family. We design and collaborate with local organizations and professionals to provide educational workshops, parent trainings and information and referral services. LGBT Network provides a sense of community to LGBT parents and their children to build and strengthen forever families.
LGBT Families organizes programs and services that focus on:
At the LGBT Network, we provide a wide range of support opportunities for all families. We all face challenges in managing our relationships, and LGBT Families is a supportive, uplifting environment where you can find the help, information and community you need to maintain healthy and happy lives.
We offer fun and informative parent and family events on topics ranging from LGBT-affirming children’s literature to trauma-informed parenting strategies to community building for LGBT-headed families. At our events, you will meet others who are traveling the same road, and be able to share information about common experiences and challenges so that you can build your own support network.
LGBT Families programs have included:
- LGBT Family Potlucks!
- LGBT Story Time!
- Becoming a Successful Parent to TGNCNB Children & Youth!
- Family Arts & Crafts!
- Dad Meet Ups!
- Mom Meet Ups!
- LGBT Families Expo: Kid Zone!
- And much more – please join our LGBT Advisory Team meetings to help design awesome programs you’d love to see for yourself and your family!
As LGBT community members, we often face unique challenges to family building and parenthood. At the LGBT Network, we understand that it can be intimidating to gather reliable information and to navigate the comprehensive process of becoming a parent.
From foster care to adoption to assisted reproduction, the LGBT Network supports our community members to explore all options for becoming a parent while guiding you through the legal and societal challenges that you may face along the way.
Because becoming a parent is a major life change, LGBT Families provides a wide variety of workshops designed to support you, as well as offers FREE comprehensive, personalized and responsive support to LGBT prospective parents interested in building or expanding their family!
LGBT Family Building support includes:
- Parenthood planning workshops
- Networking opportunities
- Resource referrals, specific to your needs and desires
- Individualized support throughout the process!
- Foster care
- Domestic adoption – private and agency
- International adoption
- Assisted reproduction – IVF, IUI, surrogacy, donorship, etc.
- Older-child/teen foster-to-adoption
Be a part of the LGBT Network's LGBT Families coloring book! The coloring pages will highlight that LOVE MAKES A FAMILY! A great way for kids to see and learn about all kinds of diverse families!
The deadline to submit your photo is March 19th, 2021. The Coloring Book will be available to download in April.
March 11 | 6:00P | Trauma-Informed Parenting for Adoptive & Foster Families
How can I effectively parent my non-biological child? Adoptive and foster children (including newborns to teenagers) experienced the traumatic loss of their biological family, which has a lasting impact. Adoptive and foster parents will learn to be playful, accepting, curious, and empathetic parents that support their children in a meaningful connection of love and understanding!
Hear what people have to say about our LGBT Families Program:
- "Great event today for the boys to get out and play with some other LGBT families. Thank you LGBT Network for having these opportunities"
- gay father of twins
- We had such a great time... cannot wait for the next get together!"
- gay father of a 1.5 year old
- "C--- says at least once a day 'I'm going to see Moana with my friend Mark... I love Mark. He's so nice.' So you will definitely see us!"
- lesbian mother of a 3 year old and 1 year old
- "K--- was so excited for this. She was telling her uncle and friends that she was going to a special party where everyone there has two moms or two dads."
- lesbian mother of a 5 year old and infant